I need a technical writing job!

Sorry to beg like this but I've been unemployed since early February, and the money is running out. Willing to work for anyone remotely in USA or a multinational that can pay from USA. PM me with contact information for resume and writing samples. 25 years experience!

Not begging...it's called networking and this is an international forum so a very good place to start.

Sorry to beg like this but I've been unemployed since early February, and the money is running out. Willing to work for anyone remotely in USA or a multinational that can pay from USA. PM me with contact information for resume and writing samples. 25 years experience!
My ex was a technical writer and before she found what she really loved, she worked for a contractor that did writing/editing for DOD and it paid very well- they paid for her clearance. Lots of opportunity there. Try USAJobs for fed jobs or look for gov’t contractors.

It's been frustrating... sending 10+ applications a week for remote job, recruiters calling then I never hear from them again....

I feel your pain. I've been furloughed/collecting unemployment since April. Mine may be about to come to an end (no jinx!) but I'd be happy to review your resume and compare notes on the search process if you want to send me a PM.

Hey skunk man hang tough I was in a real bad spot a while back but things came together ok, not great but ok and I’ll take that. My wife is in the tech field she will be back in the office full time in a couple weeks I will ask her to put out some feelers.

I agree with @JwRosenthal that DoD/MIL subcontractor work might be a good place to look right now. There's massive growth in the field with so many aerospace projects ramping up, and the number of civilians with security clearances is the highest I think it's ever been, so clearly there's a need. Here's one list just from Lockheed Martin. Lockheed Martin Technical Writer Jobs

SAIC/ Leidos (not sure of all their names these days) always seems to produce a lot of technical papers. Good chance you have already been down that road, though.

I agree with @JwRosenthal that DoD/MIL subcontractor work might be a good place to look right now. There's massive growth in the field with so many aerospace projects ramping up, and the number of civilians with security clearances is the highest I think it's ever been, so clearly there's a need. Here's one list just from Lockheed Martin. Lockheed Martin Technical Writer Jobs
My ex used to say some of the most brilliant military scientists she worked with couldn’t write their way of a paper bag. They highly valued having writers/editors to make their work understandable to the end users.

Dig around in the tech sector as well...we're drowning in work right now. Check the job listings on all of them (Google, Oracle, MicroSoft, IBM/SoftLayer, Amazon...the list goes on...you name them, they're scrambling for capacity and growth as everything is shifting/ed to remote.)

Then check the providers that support them...Digital Realty, Equinix, Coresite, Verizon, Cyxtera, 365, etc.

My ex used to say some of the most brilliant military scientists she worked with couldn’t write their way of a paper bag. They highly valued having writers/editors to make their work understandable to the end users.
Confirmed! :thumbsup:

what type of writing do you do, I work part time as a technical writer for electronics manufacturing, our company is always looking for people to do short mag, articles in assembly printed circuits and general ad's .

pm me your resume and info I will send it to my boss. ? how do I get you my email address ?

how do I get you my email address ?
You both should have private messaging privileges here.

Good luck, hope it works out.
gatorcpa

Wish I could help... I can only say to join LinkedIn, create a profile and add as many contacts as you can. Try to connect and contact HR people for software companies, maybe send your CV as a PDF in a Message / Contact Request.. (or look up best practices, I'm a bit out of the loop on that).

I wouldn’t just send a resume. Now is a great time to send a resume along with request for a 5 minute zoom informational interview.