Heuer Carrera Sunray DX

Thanks for mentioning this, Mspeedster.

It was good fun talking to the Sunray DX team member who is selling this watch, and getting his story.

The movie was about Ford vs Ferrari, but growing up in the United States in the 1960s, it was really more about Ford vs. Chevy!! Ferraris were nice to look at in the magazines, but we didn't see them on the streets or in the parking lots.

I'm happy that people are enjoying the posting and learning this bit of Heuer history!!

Jeff

01.jpeg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpeg

The movie was about Ford vs Ferrari, but growing up in the United States in the 1960s, it was really more about Ford vs. Chevy!! Ferraris were nice to look at in the magazines, but we didn't see them on the streets or in the parking lots.
Indeed. I'm more of a Ford guy myself, owning a Mustang and other Fords in my past. Jack was obviously in the Chevy camp, with the Camaro and Sunray DX. At least I can dream about that Shelby x Carrera. LOL

Cool video on the Sunray DX Vette and Carrera watch! :cool:
If I was a Corvette guy, I'd really be tempted to bid on it! :thumbsup:

Definitely one of the coolest co-branded dials I've seen! Same here @Mspeedster.

Sotheby's is definitely pulling out all the stops on this Carrera!

Thanks for mentioning this, Mspeedster.

It was good fun talking to the Sunray DX team member who is selling this watch, and getting his story.

I'm happy that people are enjoying the posting and learning this bit of Heuer history!!

Jeff

01.jpeg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpeg

Brilliant article Jeff, I really enjoyed reading that.