Help needed on ZENITH Chronomaster Full Calendar Moon

Hi,

I am googling around this older (for me) most beautiful and affordable full calendar moon phase chrono and trying to do my homework, before purchase…

I read somewhere, that those high frequency movements are high(er) maintenance and therefor need service more often, what is I assume quite costly with a caliber like this with all theses complication. Is that right?

And, I read as del somewhere, that the earlier models were only average quality and had problems in general, and the movements somewhere from Z series onwards are the better. Is that right?

Any other experience and reco's?

Thx in advance + cheers...

wow, within 13 hours only 1 watch (probably myself) and no comments, guess ZENITH isn't that popular here...

Do you have any links or photos to the watch you are after? I believe there are a couple different models

Do you have any links or photos to the watch you are after? I believe there are a couple different models

Sorry, you are right, here it comes...

I've always liked this model. In my limited experience, I haven't noticed a need for more frequent servicing and all of my 3019 and 400 caliber EPs work without any issues (my collection is missing a moonphase).

If you want to see what Zenith charges for partial and full service on that specific watch, the prices are listed in Swiss francs here. This model should have a caliber 410, so it's a 2B on the pricing scale. Depending on your location, you can probably find a capable local watchmaker or get recommendations for one to send the watch to from members here who will charge less.