Help me identify my dead grandpa's watch

The brand is Omega. There is no model name. There may be a model reference number on the inside of the case back. That is also where you would be able to discern the type of gold used in the case.

If you want more info, it would probably be best to take it to a jeweller or watchmaker, have them safely open it, take some photos, then post them.

The brand is Omega. There is no model name. There may be a model reference number on the inside of the case back. That is also where you would be able to discern the type of gold used in the case.

If you want more info, it would probably be best to take it to a jeweller or watchmaker, have them safely open it, take some photos, then post them.
So only way to learn more about this watch is to have it opened up ?

You cannot tell year of the watch and what value it might have ?

I believe it is 14k gold plated 😊 (there is 14K logo on the watch)

I am curious of the value for a watch like this and if it is worth it to have it serviced and start wearing it

Most if not all Omega movements are stamped with a serial number and a caliber number. The serial number tells you fairly accurately what year it was made, and the caliber number tells the construction of the movement. In addition, the back cover may have the model (reference) number of the watch. The easiest way to get these data is to open the back cover.

Don’t try and open it yourself unless you have the correct tools and know what you are doing- gold is soft and can really bugger the case is you aren’t careful.
As for age- late 50’s-early 60’s. Value if probably slightly above gold melt value if the watch is solid gold. Bracelet would be worth far more than the watch in its own for melt value.
So if you are interested in quick cash, sell off the bracelet for melt (which would be a shame) and keep the watch.
As for service- would cost a couple hundred by a qualified independent watch maker (don’t take it to a jeweler for service- they will mark up the cost of service several times. Having an heriloom family watch is always nice- get is service and put it on a nice strap if the bracelet isn’t your style.

would never sell it
If you would never sell it, why would its value be of interest?

You have shown a 14k logo on the bracelet, but that has nothing to do with the case of the watch. Where do you see 14k on the case?

I think this may be a US-market case, and could well be 14k, not plated. In which case, although it's a charming watch, the value is mostly in the gold. Because of the current record price of gold, the value could approach $1k USD for the watch alone. The bracelet could be worth even more, again because of the gold value.

In your place, I would certainly have it serviced and wear it. As noted above, in order to get accurate information, the watch would need to be opened to get the serial number from the movement, the movement caliber, and possibly a reference number from the inside of the caseback.
Edited:

Here you have the inside 😊 hope you can tell me more, the history, year etc .. I want to know as much as possible as I really like the watch as it is

IMG20240916165613.jpg

IMG20240916165609.jpg

IMG20240916165603.jpg

The 14m serial number on the movement dates to watch c.1954 +/- a couple of years.
The 585 mark inside the caseback confirms 14ct solid gold

Can we see better photos of the inside of the caseback, please. I can't quite make out the maker's mark.

Looks vaguely familiar, but not really ringing a bell. Some sort of contract case, or a custom re-case.