Help Identify and advice

My dad gave me the watch 15 years ago, apparently given to him as a gift by my grandmother for his graduation. I regret not asking more about the watch before he passed away. It's in pretty bad condition, i think it's never serviced, missing 2 gold plates on the side of the crown. As far as I know it's from 1950's, it's still moving but stops after a while. Straps are not original, any details about the watch would be appreciated.
Need advice on having it serviced and/or restored and where to get an original strap.
What should I expect about cost?

IMG_6345.jpeg

IMG_6396.jpeg

IMG_6392.jpeg

IMG_6390.jpeg

It codes out as a seamaster from the mid 1950s. It's definitely been redialed. Looks to need a service too, as the caseback gasket has turned to goop and the movement looks dirty.

It codes out as a seamaster from the mid 1950s. It's definitely been redialed. Looks to need a service too, as the caseback gasket has turned to goop and the movement looks dirt

It codes out as a seamaster from the mid 1950s. It's definitely been redialed. Looks to need a service too, as the caseback gasket has turned to goop and the movement looks dirty.
I'm surprised it's redialed, i believe it was bought in the Philippines new, no other owner other than my dad.
Can you tell me why it's looks redialed?

Gold capped Omega Seamaster. Dual case reference 2846 / 2848. This watch is the latter since it sports sub seconds, not center seconds. Serial number 15,xxx,xxx puts manufacture between '56 and '58 (https://chronomaddox.com/omega_serial_numbers.html). Movement needs a service. Original dial looks like it has been repainted and original crown has been replaced at some point in the past.

The minute marks in the subdial look pretty imprecise and are uneven in their placement in reference to the recessed circle. In other words, you can see that on one side the minute Mark touches the edge of the circle while on the opposite side it does not. This is very characteristic of redials and something you will never find in an original dial. Also, if you look at the minute marks between nine and 10, they look to be at an odd angle relative to the rest of the minute marks on the dial. And in general, the minute marks are kind of haphazard and not regular in their application.

Also, the text above the centerpoint doesn’t look quite right. This is only my impression from over a quarter of a century looking at Omega dials. Others may chime in.

I'm surprised it's redialed, i believe it was bought in the Philippines new, no other owner other than my dad.
Sunburst dial doesn't check out for this time period.

Sunburst dial doesn't check out for this time period.

Missing Swiss Made too. Deffo not original for a 2848.