Hello from a New Member

New Member and longtime Omega admirer here. I just wanted to say "Hello" and thanks for having me. Been a watch wearer most of my life and only recently gained interest in building a more refined collection. I have an appreciation for all watch brands for their own unique qualities, but I have always been especially attracted to Omega.

I am looking to dip my toe into the brand with a vintage piece. From the little I have researched about Omega, the lot I know about my budget, and what appeals to me, I am thinking a Seamaster Cosmic, Constellation, or Deville might suit me.

If you have any recommendations for a great vintage Omega to start a collection inthe $1,000 range, I am all ears. As I believe about anything worth owning, I plan to use it, not just admire it.

Cheers,
Mr. B

Hey welcome I think 1k will give you a decent amount if you find a decent seller. I picked up a nice seamaster cosmic for 450 a while ago (sorry it’s at another location no pics) that was probably a little low as I bought a few things of the guy. It’s a fun hunt just go slow as watches don’t run they just kinda sit there and when I rush I make dumb mistakes.

Thanks, Walrus for the advice and Spruce for the heads up! That’s a beautiful cosmic and I had my eye on it already I like that look and also like the Cosmics with crosshairs. Difficult (but fun) choices!

Also keep watching this thread: dsio deliberately skews the recommendations towards worthwhile pieces that are accessible to relatively new collectors. Welcome!

Welcome! If you’re into the case shape of the cosmic then you should also look into C-case Constellations which can be had for under $1000.

IMG_7466.jpeg

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your stay. You may also have a look at the Flightmaster line which offers amazing models. I recently saw a baby Flightmaster posted by a member which should fit on tiny wrists like mine. I didn't check their price range, but won't hurt to check it out. So many choices, hard to choose. Good luck with your hunt.

Welcome, and a lot of great information to be found here for good watches in your budget.