El primero El Primero?

This is my lone Zenith (the one on the right; the other is now with a buddy of mine), truly one of my favorite pieces. I am trying to get more information about the watch and the movement. I understand that the watch is from the very first series of El Primeros. Is that correct? Also, the watch is very thin, so the movement must be as well. Was the same movement used in the gold cased versions as the steel cased?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Welcome, calalum. Gavin's got all the info as we know it. The G 582 has all kinds of sweet little design touches like the semi-sunken crown, partially concealed pushers, the glossy subdials and relatively delicate lugs. Underrated in my opinion. Here's photos of another of the same reference.

xxDSC_0072.jpg

xxDSC_0051.jpg

cDSC_0076.jpg

with a G 381

ccDSC_0108.jpg

As time goes on, the gold references become very sweet to my eye

This is my lone Zenith (the one on the right; the other is now with a buddy of mine), truly one of my favorite pieces. I am trying to get more information about the watch and the movement. I understand that the watch is from the very first series of El Primeros. Is that correct? Also, the watch is very thin, so the movement must be as well. Was the same movement used in the gold cased versions as the steel cased?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Very cool piece!

Droooool..............2014 should become my El Primero year ( I hope ).