De Luca 1st Gen. Incoming. Comments welcome

I finally joined the Zenith family. Found a Zenith El Primero “De Luca” Series (1984) 1st gen #1.0040.400 It should be here in a couple of days and then I have a week to authenticate. Pics look good and I took the precaution to pay through paypal and Credit Card. I'm hoping all checks out.

I will probably take it to Aaron Faber in Manhattan rather than my watchmaker as they should have better access to serials etc.

Any feedback it welcome, Also if anyone has a better recommendation of a good Zenith expert in Manhattan I'd love to know.

Pics:

I know nought about Zeniths, but I know I like this one.

all the de Luca's are formidable, there are 4 generations with this one being the simplest, after this they acquired the mercedes hour hand and are a little bit more complex looking. It's as close to a panda Daytona you can get, without the $. Although these particular generation can command a little bit more but not at Daytona level. If you do a search for De Luca in the forum there is a whole thread explaining the model history and iterations by John Chris

https://omegaforums.net/threads/speaking-of-de-lucas.4075/#post-233053

Looks to be in very good condition to me, well done!

This reference is on my "opportunistic" list, one El Primero is simply not enough.

Great news. Right back from my watchmaker and the watch is 100 and in perfect condition. It has been serviced witin the last 2 years so no work done. The only non Original part is the bracelet but that's OK because I knew already this model came out on leather. I'm honestly surprised because with the increase in prices for this model (Switzerland having one for 8g) I was half expecting a fake or at the very least a watch in questionable condition. Instead I get a pristine, serviced watch at a very reasonable price.

That a nice piece and one I'm sure I never see in the wild Very nice dial Love it Congrats!

image.jpg Just bought one myself after some help ( thanks @Stewart H ). Gotta say I'm well chuffed.

Beautiful example, congrats! I love the way that model harkens back to the A277.
BC727347-31A2-4B7D-820B-1677BE9305FE_zpsycj9st5d.jpg

image.jpg Just bought one myself after some help ( thanks @Stewart H ). Gotta say I'm well chuffed.

I must say this is my favourite iteration of the De Luca. Seems I have a soft spot for reverse pandas!