Celebrating the Olympics with Seiko World Time 6217-7000

I just got my first-gen Seiko World Time 6217-7000 back from servicing, and it’s arguably my favorite watch in my collection. :D

This watch was a special edition created to commemorate the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. You can read more about this iconic timepiece here.

IMG_3551 Copy.JPG

IMG_3545 Copy.JPG

IMG_3468 Copy.JPG

Great watches. I am always looking for them, especially with bracelets and good case-backs.
seiko_world_timers.jpeg seiko_worldtimer_back.jpeg seiko_world_timers.jpg

Great watches. I am always looking for them, especially with bracelets and good case-backs.
seiko_world_timers.jpeg seiko_worldtimer_back.jpeg seiko_world_timers.jpg

Amazing collection!

A question to owners of this watch - has any of those places changed its timezone? Like say abolishing the DST or so?

Also - isn't a bit uncomfortable that you can't manually wind the watch? Or do you just use a winder?

Shouldn't be uncomfortable. I have a SNKN37 with the 7S26 movement and it's just a matter of shaking it a couple of times to start it.

Shouldn't be uncomfortable. I have a SNKN37 with the 7S26 movement and it's just a matter of shaking it a couple of times to start it.
My 4R36 monster disagrees. A month ago I shaked it to start it before going out. But then at some point it must have stopped because the movement of my hands wasn't enough (I didn't notice it)... an hour later it was running with -15 minutes. I realized it when I arrived late and saw a few clocks. When fully wound, it's around +10s a day. It's not terribly accurate.. but certainly not gaining even a second an hour.

So now, I usually wind it before I wear it. The winding isn't as good as on a manual but at least it never stops midway.