Can I come sit at the EP bar with you guys now? (aka: INCOMING!)

The dial arrived!

1ba4e6bf-994d-4019-8aef-acf185d93930_zps168f5fa3.jpg

::psy::

Congratulations! I am happy to hear it arrived in good order.
What does it take to take photos like that? I have a dial that deserves pictures like that.
regards

NFD, dude!

Congratulations! I am happy to hear it arrived in good order.

Thanks guys.

What does it take to take photos like that? I have a dial that deserves pictures like that.

It's easy to take pics like that. Start with a Canon G series set on full automatic. Next, get plenty of indirect natural light. Then start snapping. I took 7 shots total - and all were done freehand. 3 were discarded immediately due to less than adequate sharpness. Another 2 went after a round of basic editing. Of the remaining 2, this shot showed the concentric circles in the subdials without any pixelation.

Frankly, I've shot much crisper photos with a tripod and better lighting. This was done on my kitchen table as soon as I opened the package. I get a little excited, kinda like an 8 year old on Christmas morning, and just don't have the patience to set up any extraneous stuff. :oops: It's possible to use the G9 as a full DSLR with control over all the settings if I was a little less impetuous.

ooo, it's so clean!

The 18 mm buckle has hit NYC now too:

ZenBuckleShip.png

Man, this is fun!

Now all I need is the correct crown:

EPcrown.jpg

It's somewhere between 5.6 and 6 mm wide. Been looking, but no luck. Anybody out there that can lend a hand?

Dennis, cousins have a couple of six mm crowns - take a look, if there's one that works can get it out to you....

Thanks Stu - working on it now with a NOS crystal from the same supplier as the hands. Cousins is a little cheaper for what I think is the right crown, while the other guy has it by case reference number. Updates as events warrant!

Guess what found me today?

::jumpy::

Now if I could just get that stinkin' crown….
Dennis, I have a crown which I believe will work for you..
send me your addy, will ship, my gift..
D

Dennis, I have a crown which I believe will work for you..
send me your addy, will ship, my gift..
D

Wow, thanks D!

Well done to D and D :thumbsup:

It appears that the Zenithisti are about to ordain a new novitiate in their brotherhood :D

It appears that the Zenithisti are about to ordain a new novitiate in their brotherhood :D
Careful Dennis-their initiation ceremony could be time consuming...;)

..... and capital intensive.....

He won't need to worry about that for a while, the Grand Master and his Imperial Collectors always have first choice.

The Apprenti gather the left-overs, such is the way of the Zenithisti.

Zenithisti initiation ceremony:

Don't ask me how I know.

I just do. ;)
gatorcpa

Nah, it's really pretty harmless.

Just be sure to bring your treasure chest.

And here's how we do dibsing: