About my CP-2 Dial

The numbers on the dial on my favorite watch are uneven and possibly redone.

IMG_5345.jpg
P2110003.jpg

I think I've seen similar in other people's pictures of their CP-2, but am not sure because I haven't seen macro shots like this. Is this common? Should I be distraught? (not really like, I do love this watch.)

It's kind of like asking what's wrong with my kids. It hurts. But I've got to know the truth (not about my kids, I know more about them.)

Ive never seen one that was perfect. Is yours a non-issued piece?

...but the 7 looks pretty bad
Edited:

Looks fine to me. :thumbsup:

If it bothers you though, I will take it off your hands. At a significant discount of course, considering that "7" is so ill-formed. ::stirthepot::

Mine, on the other hand, is perfect.:D

image.jpeg

I don't mind taking it off your hand too, looks like a bad lume job to me.

Thanks for the generous offers to "take it off my hands" but I'll suffer through. I guess a better version of my question is "are my numbers relumed, or is that what these look like?"

@CajunTiger it is non-issued.

Thanks for the generous offers to "take it off my hands" but I'll suffer through. I guess a better version of my question is "are my numbers relumed, or is that what these look like?"

@CajunTiger it is non-issued.

Lume on these Cairelli dials is often rather "sloppy" when you look at them under magnification.

No matter - the German air forces flight physical required F-104 pilots to be able to read the watch at arm's length without the aid of a loupe.

Yours looks absolutely original to me.

Quit worrying and enjoy that beauty!

(though my previous offer does stand). ;)

Lume on these Cairelli dials is often rather "sloppy" when you look at them under magnification.

No matter - the German air forces flight physical required F-104 pilots to be able to read the watch at arm's length without the aid of a loupe.

Yours looks absolutely original to me.

Quit worrying and enjoy that beauty!

(though my previous offer does stand). ;)

+1
Lume is ok for me too.

thanks everybody. I'm still new to this, so I have a lot to learn. I was wondering if the numbers on other CP-2s were "sloppy" since I thought other examples looked similar to mine. The collector I bought it from is fairly well known and both likely to know much more than I and also unlikely to try to rip me off, but still, those numbers aren't perfect. Everything else about the watch looks great, and I really do love it.

thanks again, I know a little more more about watches than I did 5 days ago. :)