A386 On Ebay

What? Over? Did you say watch season is "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Here we go again... some defects - chrono sweep second hand popped off, some mild wear on the dial - but in respectable shape and it is what it is: a very early A386, with an excess of verbiage on the chrono bridge and a box around the 'PHC'. These are features I associate with the earliest El Primeros.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300891649954

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Hmmm... interested verging on keen...

I still don't own <A> Zenith yet.

What's the over / under on this one?

What? Over? Did you say watch season is "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Germans?

Forget it, he's rolling.

What's the over / under on this one?

$5250. This is a very complicated calculation based on the proprietary MMMD A386 value algorithm.

$5250. This is a very complicated calculation based on the proprietary MMMD A386 value algorithm.

Ahhh, an equation a non-Zenith collector wouldn't understand and wouldn't be privy too until several E.P. purchase I guess.

Well, the schmuck ended it and relisted with a BIN of 2500 euros while I wasn't looking, and someone got a windfall. If he had just had the decency to do that this morning, I would have been happy to ring it up. Hope it was someone here.

Well, the schmuck ended it and relisted with a BIN of 2500 euros while I wasn't looking, and someone got a windfall. If he had just had the decency to do that this morning, I would have been happy to ring it up. Hope it was someone here.

And if you had been around to snag it, the guy would have been the nicest man on the planet, right? :p

Well, maybe. Same relist-BIN thing happened with my first cal 135, and the seller turned out to be a very nice lady who wrapped it up real purdy and sent me a thank you note.

But this is different!

Well, maybe. Same relist-BIN thing happened with my first cal 135, and the seller turned out to be a very nice lady who wrapped it up real purdy and sent me a thank you note.

But this is different!

Yes, of course it is! You weren't the beneficiary. ;)

The Watch Gods have to smile on others now & again. If you help the n00bs and pass on your knowledge, I believe karma will reward you.

More fool he. My algorithm came in lower than MMMD's, but the final sale price is considerably below what I would have paid.

Crap! did the wrong country get blamed and punished for this? :D

Crap! did the wrong country get blamed and punished for this? :D

It occurs to me that my reference to an icon of American popular culture might have been lost on some furriners. :)

It occurs to me that my reference to an icon of American popular culture might have been lost on some furriners. :)

Hard to believe that our National Epic is not widely known beyond our shores.

Perhaps we should assign them all Delta Tau Chi names...