A386 .... Assessments?

Ran scross this example recently. My knowledge on this reference is quite thin, but my heart beats a little faster whenever I see one on offer. 861Dxxx case number. No movement photo. Asking price is over US$10k.

image.jpeg image.png

@LouS @dsio @papaebetu
Edited:

I shall let @gigi and the rest of the pros weigh in with their remarks. But that is one amazing looking A386. Good luck

That one is no1 on my wish list. Can't tell you though if it's alright

Hals und beinbruch

Seems like a good example of a third series a386. I'm still learning as well, but everything looks correct to my eyes. Additional bevels were added to the top corners of all four of the lugs for some odd reason though (can be seen in the original sales pics, but I won't share the page out of respect to the OP). Could be just dents that were sharpened out, but I think it may point to the fact that this case was refinished at some point. Something to inquire about.

I can only show the top two lugs because of the watermark
zenith-3-couleurs-chrono.jpg

Not a bad model, maybe one mini hand changed, some doubt about a natural yellow color of tritium.
Of course case is refinish (look near crown and pusher); correct price request if work a correct 3019...

GIGI

Dial is a HA 4 AI (the H of Chronograph is aligned with the A of Automatic) that could be ok for the third series (861-862D): see input by LouS:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/zenith-a386.5114/

the crown seems to be from another model (as you see often). The ring around the star is too cloose to the center.

I am not sure about the lume.

Very nice dial indeed ! (but hard to be sure it's not a relume)
Usually the little hands at 3 and 9 o'clock (on sub counters) are the same, here one have been changed....

Such a cynical crowd here ;). If the lume looks great, we're all the more suspicious.

Poll: Was this one was relumed or not?

20151006_131713(1).jpg

Such a cynical crowd here ;). If the lume looks great, we're all the more suspicious.

Poll: Was this one was relumed or not?

Don't know, don't care, just ship it to me! ;)

Seriously, for me, this reference is ahead of the A386 on my "most wanted". And yours is.... ::love::.

Nice watch generally. My only question is why would one of the small hands (on left side) be replaced? Perhaps broken crystal. Although the hand has a bit of age.