a tale of two bracelets

Just posting out of interest, most comfortable bracelet that I own....now x2. I picked up a Zenith Defy Surf last year and was pleasantly surprised by the substantial bracelet. Turns out is is VERY similar to that of a recently (re) acquired Seamaster 166.0251.
fullsizeoutput_15eb.jpeg QWYe%y1%QnmT75KBDt7XDA.jpg

As well both have a pretty chunky signed screw-down crown IbFIKdZuTNmAlR0rtx2VTg.jpg

interestingly the clasp though is in opposite orientation
yiK6nkCxSWyxNorHDd43Cg.jpg

I didn't realize until the Omega reappeared as the Zenith logo is symmetrical. Not sure which orientation I prefer. +LAbvJNHSlGwNCawXUzy0w.jpg C%Fy5bB1RmSoNXPe7Llp%w.jpg

Perhaps both Zenith and Omega outsourced these bracelets- from the same manufacturer. I think I recognize the Zenith. ;)

Eterna had a bracelet just like this too that they used in their Eternasonic range. In fact so did Baume & Mercier with their Tronosonic.

Anyways love the look of these but would be dubious about the security on an expensive watch.

Perhaps both Zenith and Omega outsourced these bracelets- from the same manufacturer. I think I recognize the Zenith. ;)

these bracelet were made by Chatelain SA now property of Chanel.

I have the omega version and still searching a link for sale.

Interesting thread. I'd be interested in learning who made these. Looks very similar to my Hamilton chronomatic countdown bracelet.

IMG_4565.jpeg IMG_4564.jpeg

Interesting thread. I'd be interested in learning who made these. Looks very similar to my Hamilton chronomatic countdown bracelet.

IMG_4565.jpeg IMG_4564.jpeg
very cool watch.....looks like the un-signed bracelet is a Chatelain version, how are the links attached/removed?

I don't know about the others, but the Hamilton version has very tiny spring bars between 4 (or 6) of the links. I had to use spring bar tweezers/pliers that applied pressure to both ends to safely remove them without scratching it.

IMG_4665.jpeg

very cool watch.....looks like the un-signed bracelet is a Chatelain version, how are the links attached/removed?

for your information omega links are still available in AD for the pric of 31€ one or 550€ the complete bracelet 1321/295...

Nice to have one with the early version of their logo…

IMG_0736.jpeg IMG_0739.jpeg