A lucky find.....

Wow, that is beyond lucky. Miraculous is not that far off. Congrats!!
Are you going to tell us the story? I'm dying to know, but I'm already quite envious.

Stunning. That is a once in a lifetime find.

::love::::love::::love::

OK, it's now been exactly 24 hours, that's long enough....
...you have to tell us where this 'barn' was...::popcorn::

::love:: Very nice! are markers showing signs of aging? after looking at the minute markers, I now know where Cisco got the idea for their company logo! :D

I thought Cisco's logo was from this landmark:

A17E6518-B3E6-46C9-83DF-F7FB81EC54CA_zpszyqskwn7.jpg

But what do I know...

Beautiful Zenith! :thumbsup:
gatorcpa

I thought Cisco's logo was from this landmark:

A17E6518-B3E6-46C9-83DF-F7FB81EC54CA_zpszyqskwn7.jpg

But what do I know...

Beautiful Zenith! :thumbsup:
gatorcpa

I did not say what object Cisco used to create their logo… I was trying to say what icon seems to be mimicked by the figure formed by hatch marks between the minute markers... :coffee:

I did not say what object Cisco used to create their logo… I was trying to say what icon seems to be mimicked by the figure formed by hatch marks between the minute markers... :coffee:

You aren't getting my painfully dry sense of humor. ;)

Of course it looks like the Cisco logo. But we know it's really the Golden Gate.

Besides, I'm trying to showi off my meager photography skills.

gatorcpa

After reviewing this post I decided to go to an AD and check out Zenith watches. I must say I was amazed with the fit and finish of these watches. I went to Tournea and looked at a blue faced El Primero that was made specifically for them (it was #1/500). Quite amazed with quality, but geez the price was $7500. I also looked looked at a few Zenith watches at the TAG store. Quite amazed with this watch brand, but price for the ones I looked at were way out of my league ($7,000 - $20,000).

@opahman - any update?

After reviewing this post I decided to go to an AD and check out Zenith watches. I must say I was amazed with the fit and finish of these watches. I went to Tournea and looked at a blue faced El Primero that was made specifically for them (it was #1/500). Quite amazed with quality, but geez the price was $7500. I also looked looked at a few Zenith watches at the TAG store. Quite amazed with this watch brand, but price for the ones I looked at were way out of my league ($7,000 - $20,000).

@opahman - any update?

You see? This is the reason reading postings here tend to be bad for the health of your bank account. :-)

Thanks for everyone's kind words on my new A3818. Like I said it was a lucky find. I have posted many WTB ads on different forums and someone simply reached out to me. At first (and second and third) I thought I was a scam but after a few hours of research it seemed to check out. Of course I only had comfort after the FedEx man showed up and a few days later the truck was at my door. I was in shock when I opened the package. Of course I was very pleased . It was the best find of the year at the end of the year!!!
Zenith all the way!!!!!
Best to everyone and happy holidays

Congratulations. It's a beauty and shows that perseverance pays off.

Congrats, stunning watch in superb condition! In what year was in made?