A EUR100 El Primero - NOT - Warning! Stomach turning content!

Looks more like a Veg-O-Matic than a watch. "It dices! It slices! Chop a whole onion without shedding a tear! .... from K-Tel."

"18k Platinum stainless steel"...

Unless there has been some recent developments in metallurgy, this is actually a rather groundbreaking watch!

Not El Primiro movement - Un movimento di viscere

This is the prototype, one off on a late Friday. It started it all wasn't meant to leave the floor

Looks more like a Veg-O-Matic than a watch. "It dices! It slices! Chop a whole onion without shedding a tear! .... from K-Tel."

"It slices! It dices! It even makes julienne fries! And, if you order right now you will receive a second Amaze-a-matic absolutely free! Our operators are standing by!"

It was Ronco who hawked that stuff on TV down here in back in the `70s. If two of those watches were sent out to the buyer then that'd be twice the misery for it looks like something I might have put together in elementary school art class.

You mean it's not real? :eek:

I just ordered 10 at that price ::shy::

Fecking n00bs. :confused: :rolleyes: ( :p )

"It slices! It dices! It even makes julienne fries! And, if you order right now you will receive a second Amaze-a-matic absolutely free! Our operators are standing by!"

It was Ronco who hawked that stuff on TV down here in back in the `70s. If two of those watches were sent out to the buyer then that'd be twice the misery for it looks like something I might have put together in elementary school art class.

Don't forget the addition bonus of steak knives! Okay, that was the Ginsu knife bonus - and all 5 knives could cut a tin can then cut a tomato.

I do remember Ronco, but I'm sure the Veg-O-Matic was K-tel. I think I mixed up the wording of the commercials though, as I also remember the thing about french fries after the dices & slices part after reading you're quote. Usually, K-tel did those horrible re-recorded compilation albums full of "soft rock" (Air Supply, REO Speedwagon, 10CC, etc.) or disco.

Oh yes! The Ginsu! I was going to throw in a bit about the knives but couldn't recall their name. And you may be right about K-Tel rather than Ronco. I remember K-Tel too but mostly for the music compilations. In fact I have a K-tel vinyl album of late 60s stuff in my record collection. I think I ended up coming home with it after a party in the early 70s and it was not new then. Horrible re-recorded, yes. They'd cram about 16-18 tracks on each side. "Dizzy, my head is spinning ... Like a whirlpool, it never ends ..."

Or maybe it's still the stomach turning over that dumb watch in that link Northernman posted above.

If you can believe wiki it was both Ronco and K-Tel:
Veg-O-Matic is the name of one of the first food-processing appliances to gain widespread use in the United States. It was non-electric and invented by Samuel J. Popeil[1] and later sold by his son, Ron Popeil along with more than 20 other distributors across the country, and Ronco, making its début in 1963 at the International Housewares Show in Chicago, Illinois. It was also sold in Australia by K-Tel who purchased it from Samuel Popeil.