A. Cairelli question

For the cognoscenti among us, what would you say is the value difference between an issued and a civilian A. Cairelli of equivalent condition? Thanks much.

It's a good question. I bet someone out there has that data. I'd bet the difference is not huge, as the watch is coveted in any form - maybe 10-20%?

I love clean watches, so i would prefer a non issued Cairelli.

But an issued Cairelli, has the "special" spirit, instead a NOS Cairelli.

If i have the opportunity to find a nice issued cairelli, i wouldn't say no:)

If both are in the same condition. I think 10-20% for the special spirit will be OK.

I would say the same extra price (20%) for an issued one.
I would be ready to pay more for a nice issued than for a nice non issued as I think military watches (stamped) are more collectible than non issued ones.
But both are for sure very nice watches! :)
I am still trying to find one

Does anyone else look at "A. Cairelli" and think it should be said like it's a curse? I keep reading it as the Italian translation of "ay caramba!". :p

I repeat it every time I remember missing on one at the then lofty sum of 3k. I think the Caso listing price caused my to repeat it several times as well.

The price development is already frightening.

However, the price wave goes further.::rant:

In two or three years, we see prices around 15k for an A. Cairreli:eek:

Does anyone else look at "A. Cairelli" and think it should be said like it's a curse? I keep reading it as the Italian translation of "ay caramba!". :p

there is no doubt an expressive hand gesture that goes with it...

As far as I remember Zenith Cairelli was indeed higher than 10K (close to 15k) few years ago and slightly goes down since then no?
Now typical price seems to be around around 6-8k no?