A beautiful Zenith chronograph

Another beautiful chronograph that's completely out of reach for many.
But for those with the means, it certainly looks worth it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZENITH-CH...799068?hash=item2eeda96c1c:g:DaoAAOSwhcJWQmtl

s-l1600.jpg

Cheers, and enjoy,
S

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
First time I see this one!

I like the dial but seems weird for a 1940's watch... but damn I hate those lugs! :p

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup: Anyone knows if the dial is original?

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that's a redial.
Damn, I was so mesmerized by the lugs and those sunken indexes I overlooked the subdials.... you may well be right.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that's a redial.
Still learning .... What give it away as a re dial? I see inconsistent fonts for the numbers...print quality on Zenith and scales?

I'd say mostly inconsistent print on the left subdial. '30" thick and inky compared to the other numbers and compared to "30" on the right side subdial.

Damn, I was so mesmerized by the lugs and those sunken indexes I overlooked the subdials.... you may well be right.
The movement also looks pretty bad, I think you are not missing much ;)

1. The minute hand overreaches the minute track.
2. The "5" and "45" markings on the telemeter are not proportionally removed by the subdials, suggesting the telemeter is not centered or the subdials are no longer the same size.
3. The subdials have the curved-sunken appearance typical of redials. Not a sharp decline.
4. The 6 o'clock marking seems to have taken in some of the redial material and is no longer fully open.
5. The movement is very worn out, except for the chronograph bridge (probably a replacement). If the movement is very tired looking, one would usually expect the dial to also be.

There are other more subtle things. But these are the most pressing.

Hard to argue with that. :)

What I love about this forum! Thanks!

And yet .... This seller has off the scale positive feedback!

As far as I can tell, the seller doesn't say that the dial is original. Unless I'm missing something in translation.

As far as I can tell, the seller doesn't say that the dial is original. Unless I'm missing something in translation.
That is correct. But his prices are always over the top and this one is no exception.

A sandwich dial chrono is a dream of mine, but this one is a nightmare.