2023 BMW M2

I like the front end better than the beaver toothed M4, but I think the previous M2 is a nicer looking car.

I like the front end better than the beaver toothed M4

This ^^

I think the previous M2 is a nicer looking car.

And also this ^^

I'm a big fan of the previous M2, the proportions are much closer to a classic m-car, rather than the elongated M4.

And with all the lower bumper (front and rear) that they removed... its still 500lbs heavier than last gen. I was in market for m240, but then they stopped bringing manual (to US anyway). So, waited on this... and can't see self in it.. .plus the cost $$$. I'm an audi guy and was thinking to make a change. perhaps not.

Wheel arches look like a added on afterthought, much prefer proper dials/dashboard, and how much!

I feel like the trend is really more power and heavier (compared to the previous gen) :eek:

Then once the M2 Competition & M2 CS come out, those will be lighter but insanely expensive :(

DK famously said “Lightweight is a weapon” And so does Chapman :thumbsup:

You know the more I look at the blue car it reminds me of an old MG 75ZT saloon?

Always has a soft spot for those.

From a design perspective, I think this looks like a cheap body-kit. I think BMW made it deliberately ugly, so that it M buyers have to go up to the M3 and M4.

From a design perspective, I think this looks like a cheap body-kit. I think BMW made it deliberately ugly, so that it M buyers have to go up to the M3 and M4.
LOL, but I don't think the beaver toothed M3/M4 is any better.

Now this is what I call a cheap body kit. ::facepalm2::

BTW @Hubert, did you catch the watch BMW M CEO Franciscus van Meel is wearing in the "walk-around" video of the red M2? ;)

I feel like the trend is really more power and heavier (compared to the previous gen) :eek:

Then once the M2 Competition & M2 CS come out, those will be lighter but insanely expensive :(

This :whistling:

LOL, but I don't think the beaver toothed M3/M4 is any better.

Now this is what I call a cheap body kit. ::facepalm2::
BMW designers need help. And who is approving these for production!?

I subscribe to the school of Colin Chapman, "Simplify, then add lightness". The most fun cars that I've owned have all been under 3000 lbs.

I subscribe to the school of Colin Chapman, "Simplify, then add lightness". The most fun cars that I've owned have all been under 3000 lbs.

I agree :thumbsup: Those who just want to add more and more (horse) power are those who also don't know how to drive :eek: